Basic Fire Awareness Training
The price of this course is valid for up to 15 candidates, we are happy to price upon application for anything over this amount. Discounts available for block bookings.
The Learning objectives of this course are -
- To improve personal awareness of the dangers of fire and the hazards associated with it.
- To demonstrate the necessary skills in dealing with fire emergencies including safe evacuation of a building in the event of an emergency.
- To be able to operate safely and efficiently any portable fire extinguishers within buildings.
- Explain basic legislation
- Explain ignition sources, combustible materials, prevention and management of fire, means of escape and fire service operational facilities.
In addition, candidates will be practically instructed using a live fire rig on how to use extinguishers and be offered a ‘hands on’ experience, including foam and co2 appliances.
The following subjects will also be covered Awareness of British Standards.
- Recognition of the limitations of portable fire-fighting equipment.
- Identifying the correct extinguisher.
- Enabling selection, preparation and the use of portable fire extinguishers in the correct way with confidence on small fires.
Certification is issued upon completion of course.
All prices exclude VAT and Mileage at a rate of 45p per mile.