Fire Warden Training
The price of this course is valid for up to 15 candidates, we are happy to price upon application for anything over this amount. Discounts available for block bookings.
Designed for individuals who have completed the basic fire awareness course and who have designated additional fire safety responsibilities. This includes assisting in safe evacuation of a building in the event of an emergency and the day to day management of fire precautions. The course may be tailored to suit individual industries and takes approximately 2.30 - 3.00 hours.
- To improve personal awareness of the dangers of fire and the hazards associated with it. To understand the role and responsibilities of the fire warden.
- To be able to assist in the safe evacuation of a building in the event of an emergency.
- To liaise with management and the Fire Service at an emergency incident.
- To be able to identify all protected escape routes within a building and assist individuals to evacuate using these routes in the event of an emergency.
- To manage effectively within their building the day to day fire precautions.
On completion of the course, the delegates should:
• Understand the roles and responsibilities of a fire warden
• Be able to identify all protected escape routes
• Understand the term "means of escape"
• Be able to complete and maintain accurate records
• Recognise the requirements for special procedures for the disabled
• Have an awareness of company policies and emergency plans relating to fire safety
• Be conversant with reporting procedures on all fire safety matters
• Understand how to assist in the safe evacuation of a building
• Be able to take a roll call following an emergency evacuation of a building and liaise with management, staff and the fire service
• Be able to select and operate firefighting equipment efficiently and safely
Prerequisites - None.
Who should take part?
Personnel who have been designated or who wish to improve their knowledge in fire safety awareness and are willing to accept a higher level of responsibility to assist in the day to day management of fire safety issues and ensure the safe evacuation of a building in the event of an emergency.
• Pre-Course knowledge • Legislation • Emergency plan • Identifying and reporting fire hazards • The role and responsibility of the fire warden • Fire drills and evacuation • Fire Fighting Equipment (types and use) • Site related questions and answers
A certificate of attendance is issued upon completion
*All prices exclude VAT and Mileage at a rate of 45p per mile.